Mobile Application Developer - Washington, D.C.
Position Title: Mobile Application Developer, Washington D.C.
Sevatec Inc is seeking a Mobile Application Developer to formulate concepts and develop cutting edge mobile applications for our Federal clients. The successful candidate will need strong software engineering fundamentals, excellent communication skills, and a desire to solve challenging problems. This role includes working with other system/software engineers to define application concepts, define development tasks, and communicate all work taking place within those teams. Facilitating communication between internal development team and client stakeholders is essential.
The selected candidate will meet with client stakeholders, document requirements, formulate mobile application concepts, and develop operational applications. Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. Developing and fostering partnerships with the cross-functional teams is key to long-term success. The person filling this position must be a hands-on, pro-active, self-motivated developer with strong initiative and a desire to succeed in a challenging environment.
A solid understanding of the mobile landscape, popular mobile platforms, and a vision of the future of mobile technology will help the candidate conceptualize and implement cutting edge applications. In addition, the candidate must have the following skills:
- Minimum B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or applicable technical degree.
- Demonstrated experience with Airplay/Marmalade, Android, Blackberry, C, C++, Cocoa, Objective-C, and/or the .NET Compact Framework
- Experience with Java/J2EE, JSP, JSF, EJB, Ajax, Struts/Spring.
- Experience with Web Services Applications, including XML, SOAP, XSL and other compliant languages and applications.
- 2 years experience developing mobile applications.
- Experienced with SQL RDBMS (MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills (ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience).
- Excellent writing skills.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Government security clearance. TS Clearance preferred.
To apply for open positions with Sevatec, Inc., please click here for an application form. You can also e-mail your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the job title in the subject line of your e-mail. In your cover letter, please indicate how your qualifications match the requirements of the position for which you are applying. We can also be contacted by fax at (703) 373-0999.