NIH CIO-SP3 Small Business Overview
Sponsored by the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), National Institutes of Health (NIH) Information Technology Acquisition and Assessment Center (NITAAC), the Chief Information Officer – Solutions and Partners 3 (CIO-SP3) Small Business (SB) contract is a ten (10) year Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) Government-wide Acquisition Contract (GWAC) for small businesses. This contract is intended to provide information technology (IT) solutions and services as defined in FAR 2.101(b) and further clarified in the Clinger-Cohen Act of 1996. The IT support solutions and services under the contract include health and biomedical-related IT services to meet scientific, health, administrative, operational, managerial, and information management requirements. The contract also contains general IT services partly because medical systems are increasingly integrated within a broader IT architecture, requiring a systems approach to their implementation and a sound infrastructure for their operation.
Through this contract, the NITAAC will award multiple IDIQ contracts under which federal government agencies can award task orders to acquire IT services. These task orders will employ various pricing arrangements such as Firm-Fixed-Price (FFP), Cost-Plus-Fixed-Fee (CPFF), Cost-Plus- Award-Fee (CPAF), Cost-Plus-Incentive-Fee (CPIF), and Time-and-Materials (T&M), all of which are to be issued in accordance with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).
Small Business Category (Restricted) Task Areas
- Task Area 1: IT Services for Biomedical Research, Health Sciences, and Healthcare
- Task Area 2: Chief Information Officer (CIO) Support
- Task Area 3: Imaging
- Task Area 4: Outsourcing
- Task Area 5: IT Operations and Maintenance
- Task Area 6: Integration Services
- Task Area 7: Critical Infrastructure Protection and Information Assurance
- Task Area 8: Digital Government
- Task Area 9: Enterprise Resource Planning
- Task Area 10: Software Development
Team Sevatec provides a full range of services and products in support of developing, implementing, and maintaining technology to support NIH mission and business functions across the entire lifecycle of a program. Our team of experienced healthcare professionals provides the technical expertise required in this contract to analyze workflows and business processes in order to assess IT readiness; determine a path for change management; and aide NIH in the development, implementation and integration of Health IT systems. Sevatec’s Health IT practice service offerings include Modernization and Enhancement of Legacy Health IT Systems; Electronic Health Records (EHR) Consulting; Medical Data Warehousing; Mining; Extraction and Distribution; Health Level 7 (HL7) Integration Services and Solutions; Medical Records and Document Management for Health IT Systems; and Project Management.
- Contract Name: HHS NIH NITAAC Chief Information Officer – Solutions and Partners 3 (CIO-SP3) Small Business (SB)
- Contract Number: HHSN316201200171W (SB); HHSN316201200094W (8(a) SB)
- Contract Track: Small Business and 8(a) Small Business
- Contract Period: 7/15/2012 - 7/14/2022
- Task Order Types: FP, FFP, CPFF, CPAF, CPIF, T&M
- Contract Website: http://nitaac.nih.gov/nitaac/contracts/cio-sp3-small-business