True agile transformation delivers the highest return in agility, responsiveness, and empowerment. Sevatec drives agile transformations and agile adoptions by taking a wholistic view of each engagement. We perform agile transformation through four main areas – Culture, Organizational, Process, and Technical – because implementing transformations at all levels of an organization is the most effective way to bring lasting change.
- Cultural Change: Enhance feedback loops while decreasing silos and cycle times by improving the collaborative mindset of the agency.
- Executive Vision and Direction Coaching: Provide guidance on the possibilities of modern delivery and execution by defining large goals and communicating vision across the agency.
- Organizational Change: Build on the collaborative mindset to define the agile delivery and governance structures to implement a shared vision for mission delivery.
- Agile Engineering Technical Coaching: Enable teams to understand and execute modern engineering practices.
- Business Process Coaching: Improve processes used for the business to optimize mission value delivery.
- Continuous Improvement: Increase the probability of successful agile adoption across the organization and is needed across all of the areas of transformation.
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD): Develop a CI/CD pipeline and associated process and practices, enabling agile development teams to frequently deliver quality code.
- Automated Testing: Maximize agile delivery value through implementation of automation for security and compliance testing.
Customer Challenges We Solve
- Existing Software Delivery LifeCycle (SDLC) policies and processes require waterfall type documentation, reduce the ability to deliver, and increase cycle time to achieve mission value.
- Hierarchical structure of agency with silos, both within IT and between IT and mission, reduces collaboration and learning necessary to deliver the highest mission value.
- Security and governance processes based on large delivery and review inhibits ability to delivery in short increments aligned with mission need.
- Procurement processes that slow down contractor delivery also slows the program’s ability to start on a program or change from an underperforming contractor.
- Risk and Change averse cultures slow the adoption of new ideas and innovations to improve customer service and engagement.
Sevatec follows an outcome-based transformation methodology that focuses not solely on agility, but rather improvements in meeting mission goals and needs. To do this, we collaborate to identify goals from both technical and mission perspectives. We perform assessments to determine the current state and help us define targeted improvements over the existing baseline. We prioritize those goals and use impact mapping to create backlogs and a transformation roadmap. By continuously monitoring the outcome metrics defined, we are able to pilot, scale, and adopt at an enterprise level improvement. This process is repeated on at least a quarterly basis to ensure that there is continuous learning and adapting to the changing technical and mission environment.
CASE STUDY #1
Sevatec has delivered quality solutions, effectively supporting more than 30 diverse applications for a client. However, changes in our customer’s required response time and delivery expectations meant that our team needed to develop a faster mechanism for the development of functionality and mission value.
Sevatec undertook several pilot programs to improve delivery, including instituting time-boxed delivery and educating clients on changes in execution that moving to agile delivery would entail. Our Program Management Office (PMO) worked with the client’s contracting office to define how agile deliverables could still meet the objectives and needs of the customer, which enabled our team to create lean deliverables and remove unnecessary documentation. As we made changes in the program, we engaged with different levels at the agency, including product owners, program managers, oversight staff, and executives. We provided insight into how the pilots were executed and the status of overall delivery as we evangelized agility across the enterprise. Our team helped the mission adjust to deployment cycles that were much faster and improved feedback cycles, using portfolio management techniques to combine the very small programs, so that our team could deliver higher quality.
Sevatec has reduced the cycle time for new functionality to support the mission by enhancing the delivery of benefits to the public. The engagement with the IT and mission parts of the agency enabled this to become the standard way of executing all programs within the agency.
We are trusted talent, inspired to serve, partnered with government, to protect and improve the lives of Americans.
CMMI-DEV CMMI-SVC ML3
ISO 9001:2015 ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 ISO/IEC 27001:2013