Sevatec is a forward leaning organization focused on rapid application delivery through the use of modern technologies and customer driven development methodologies. Agile is more than a buzzword for us. Here, it is our culture. We partner with customers to deliver the highest quality and most performant systems available today. We accomplish this by pairing the high-caliber engineers with the most progressive commercial infrastructure available. We bring years of real-world DevSecOps experience with large system implementations that ensures our customers reap the benefits of timely, efficient, and cost-effective business automation.
Agile Application Development:
Sevatec has established teams that build and deploy lean software development though modern DevSecOps software engineering practices. This methodology exemplifies transparency in all our development efforts by allowing the customer to see tangible results daily. The integration of Development, Security and Operations is a paradigm that reduces risk and increases efficiency by providing full automation and transparency with real-time dashboards that provide metrics for program progress. This is accomplished by using our proven methodology of:
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD): All software is created within a CI/CD pipeline infrastructure that automatically compiles, tests, and secures software before it is deployed into production.
- Automated Testing: We enforce Test Driven Development that requires all software to be tested through automation and an automated pipeline requiring all test cases pass before any code is deployed.
- Incremental Modernization: Incrementally replace specific pieces of functionality within legacy systems with new applications and micro-services.
- Cyber Security: Deploy security as code by using the latest DevSecOps automation tools available. This imbedded security culture enables development teams to implement modern security experimentation processes into the deployment of security tools that enable faster identification and mitigation of new threats.
- Agile Analytics: Deliver incremental data warehousing capabilities using short cycle agile practices, thereby providing value with tangible business intelligence in a continuous delivery cycle.
- Agile Performance Management: Combine delivery of capabilities with continuous quality metric analysis to ensure intended outcomes and development teams perform at the highest level.
- Lean Portfolio Management: Enables teams to work across an entire portfolio of applications, prioritizing the highest mission value tasks first through product backlog grooming and effective agile practices.
Customer Challenges We Solve
- Modernizing legacy applications, systems, and infrastructure requires restructuring and refactoring code, as well as automation enablement while maintaining the existing ecosystem for stability of the production environment.
- Agile experience and modern development expertise is not prevalent in all government sectors, which requires agile transformation experts that know how to evolve an organization into the new development paradigm.
- The government contracting environment is not conducive to managing and monitoring agile team performance.
Optimizing performance, minimizing risk, and providing quality services requires customer focus and a dedication to delivering mission value. The customer is the product owner and has complete control over the priorities for the entire portfolio. Program excellence is obtained by implementing an agile approach that integrates all program areas and emphasizes with mission objectives and continual delivery of functionality through enhancement prioritization. Daily stand-up meetings drive collaboration and coordination within programs for proactive project and collaboration among team members and customers. This ensures all teams understand objectives and priorities, enabling efficient, self-organizing teams. Automation, KPIs and program dashboards improve quality, transparency and efficiency while providing real-time visibility into daily progress. By maintaining tools and processes, monitoring performance metrics, and engaging resources, Sevatec delivers higher value and cost efficiencies for the organizations we serve.
CASE STUDY #1
Upon taking over operational responsibility for a portfolio of systems within an Agency, Sevatec discovered resource redundancies, mission prioritization questions, and delivery inconsistencies across the suite of applications. Sevatec was tasked with delivering in this new contract, one specifically designed for portfolio management.
Sevatec worked with our government customer to implement a portfolio management structure that included a Value Team (consisting of government and contractor leadership) to prioritize tasks across applications, based on the highest mission need. Our multiple, cross functional teams delivered on different applications and improved technical and development processes. We implemented CI/CD pipelines across the applications to automate many of the processes that had been labor intensive. We instituted paired programming – “pairing” – to increase competence across applications, resulting in higher quality solutions. Sevatec’s program management dashboards were set up to promote transparency and provide simplified management and monitoring of progress of the delivery teams. Our teams easily adapted to changing priorities and requirements across more than a dozen applications that were supported in the portfolio, with deployments that were much faster and more consistent.
We are trusted talent, inspired to serve, partnered with government, to protect and improve the lives of Americans.
CMMI-DEV CMMI-SVC ML3
ISO 9001:2015 ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 ISO/IEC 27001:2013