The core of Sevatec’s business is delivering fully automated Development, Security and Operations (DevSecOps) software development environments using modern Agile methods, techniques and technologies. Agile is more than a buzzword for us, it’s our culture. We employ customer focused design principles along with quality driven processes that provide clients with the most performant systems available today. We accomplish this by pairing the high-caliber engineers with the most progressive commercial infrastructure available. We bring years of real-world DevSecOps experience with large system implementations that ensures our customers reap the benefits of timely, efficient, and cost-effective business automation.
Agile Application Development:
Sevatec established full-stack development teams that build and deploy lean software solutions though modern software engineering best practices. This methodology exemplifies transparency in all our development efforts by allowing the customer to see tangible results daily. The integration of DevSecOps is a paradigm that reduces risk and increases efficiency with real-time dashboards that provide metrics for program progress. This is accomplished by using our proven methodology of:
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD): All software is created within a CI/CD pipeline infrastructure that automatically compiles, tests, and secures software before it is deployed into production.
- Automated Testing: We enforce Test Driven Development that requires all software to be tested through automation pipelines requiring all test cases to pass before any code is deployed.
- Incremental Modernization: Incrementally replace specific pieces of functionality within legacy systems with new applications and micro-services.
- Cyber Security: Deploy security as code by using the latest DevSecOps automation tools available. This imbedded security culture enables development teams to implement modern security experimentation processes into the deployment of security tools that enable faster identification and mitigation of new threats.
- Agile Analytics: Deliver incremental data warehousing capabilities using short cycle agile practices, thereby providing value with tangible business intelligence in a continuous delivery cycle.
- Agile Performance Management: Combine delivery of capabilities with continuous quality metric analysis to ensure intended outcomes and development teams perform at the highest level.
- Lean Portfolio Management: Enables teams to work across an entire portfolio of applications, prioritizing the highest mission value tasks first through product backlog grooming and effective agile practices.
Customer Challenges We Solve
- Legacy application migration must meet modern design principles and techniques while maintaining the existing production environment
- Aging software development lifecycle processes constrain Agile development and process automation
- The government contracting environment is not conducive to managing and monitoring modern agile software team performance
- Traditional Waterfall based approaches to software development not efficient for rapid web based development
Software DevOps is a common practice in software engineering but understanding how to optimize and improve DevOps into fully automated and secure DevSecOps production is where Sevatec specializes. Applying Agile methods used by full-stack development teams on top of directed CI/CD and Deployment pipelines leads to greater application performance, minimized risk, and quality delivery of customer centric products. Our approach uses a two-stage pipeline that minimizes or eliminates defects and errors prior to the full automated test regiments and delivery builds. Developers play a major role in integrating customer focused design requirements and security policy into their coding process. Integrated test systems for security, load, recursion and functionality accelerate production ready releases. While containerized deployment methods using advanced security controls and zero-day protections ensure production applications meet the demands of any federal government enterprise. When combined with revolving Blue/ Green Production environments, Sevatec can deliver high quality applications to customers multiple times per day.
We demand excellence in our software engineering methods and incorporate numerous measurement and KPI analysis throughout our DevSecOps process. The DevSecOps pipeline includes development dashboards providing immediate situational awareness across the Agile scrum activities. Products like New Relic measure application performance in production to identify issues for remediation while overall performance management dashboards score our ability to meet all contractual requirements and production standards. By maintaining tools and processes, monitoring performance metrics, and engaging resources, Sevatec delivers higher value and cost efficiencies for the organizations we serve.
CASE STUDY #1
Upon taking over operational responsibility for a portfolio of systems within an Agency, Sevatec discovered resource redundancies, mission prioritization questions, and delivery inconsistencies across the suite of applications. Sevatec was tasked with delivering in this new contract, one specifically designed for portfolio management.
Sevatec worked with our government customer to implement a portfolio management structure that included a Value Team (consisting of government and contractor leadership) to prioritize tasks across applications, based on the highest mission need. Our multiple, cross functional teams delivered on different applications and improved technical and development processes. We implemented CI/CD pipelines across the applications to automate many of the processes that had been labor intensive. We instituted paired programming – “pairing” – to increase competence across applications, resulting in higher quality solutions. Sevatec’s program management dashboards were set up to promote transparency and provide simplified management and monitoring of progress of the delivery teams. Our teams easily adapted to changing priorities and requirements across more than a dozen applications that were supported in the portfolio, with deployments that were much faster and more consistent.
We are trusted talent, inspired to serve, partnered with government, to protect and improve the lives of Americans.
CMMI-DEV CMMI-SVC ML3
ISO 9001:2015 ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 ISO/IEC 27001:2013